How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you choose to have a photo associated with your account. We may also collect billing information when you sign up for a Subscription.
- Data collected through use of the Service. After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information, such as date of birth.
- Geolocation. We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then delete location data tied to your personal information. We may maintain de-identified location data for a longer period of time in order to analyse aggregate trends and metrics. We may also share location information with third parties for advertising, research, and analytic purposes. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your device(s) to limit access to your location data. Please see “Your Choices About Your Information” below to learn more.
- Movement Data. In the future we may collect, and/or may use a third party to collect, sensory and motion data from your smartphone or mobile device, including information from the gyroscope, accelerometer, compass and Bluetooth, in order to calculate and detect movement events such as sudden movement or the detection of the device being dropped and other events. We would only maintain sensory and motion data as long as is reasonable to provide any additional Service and then delete or anonymise this data. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your sensory and motion, please adjust your settings in your device(s) to limit access to your sensory and motion data.
- Messages and User Content. We collect information of the messages and alerts sent through use of the service. We may also retain any messages you send to us.
- Cookies. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for at least two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you alerts on the safety of your Friends. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
Information we receive about you from others
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to Sentlive’s website or Service.
Information we collect automatically through the use of technology
When you visit our website or use our web app, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and information about how you interact with links on the website, web app, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser and track your browsing behaviour on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our web application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID or other identifier), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude), WiFi location or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. We use this information to:
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app
- Provide custom, personalised content and information, including advertising
- Identify your location
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and Automatically update our web application on your system and related devices.
- We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analysing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honour the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
Sharing of Your Information
- Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, including:
- We share your personal information, including name, email, and location data, with others within your Sentlive Contacts.
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services.
- We may share your personal information, including your location data, with third parties for marketing purposes
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the website or to our Facebook page will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app, or link your reviews to third party websites.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties. For example, we may share de-identified location data with third parties that analyse location and movement trends.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
How We Protect Your Information
Sentlive cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case Sentlive may not be able to provide its Services to you.
- Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, parental consent notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Party Location Sharing: We may share your personal information, including location data, with third parties so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests, for example by sending you an ad for a local business, or so that they may conduct research, analyse trends and perform other analytics or reporting functions. We do not share your personal information and location data with third parties for advertising purposes if you have selected “Limit Ad Tracking” or “Opt-Out of Interest Based Ads” on your mobile device. You can opt-out of having your location data shared with these third parties by adjusting your settings on your mobile device to prohibit Sentlive from collecting your location data. For example, depending on your mobile device, you may be able to “Turn location services ‘off.’ You can also adjust your device settings to withdraw permission for the Sentlive app to access location data. Please note that your Sentlive app may not be able to provide all of our Services to you if you disable access to location data through your device settings.
- Delete Your Account and Personal Information: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Service allows children to use it. The Service is intended to be used by children under 13 only with significant parental involvement and approval; however we understand that this is both not always possible or controllable, but we will make every feasible effort to protect any children under 13 that we know are using the service.
Any Parent may contact us to review and/or delete any personal information we have collected from the child, or to withdraw permission for Sentlive to collect any additional information from the child. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your child’s account. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
How to Contact Us
71 – 75 Shelton Street,